New hockey rules have been released for the 2015-16 season by the FIH:
- Aerials – The ability to play the ball with the stick above the shoulder
- Green Cards – A green card indicating a temporary suspension of two minutes of playing time
- Defending Penalty Corners – Breaking at penalty corners, where the offending player(s) shall be required to go beyond the centre-line
- Long corners – When the ball is played unintentionally by a defender or deflected by a goalkeeper over the backline, play will be re-started by the attacking team with the ball on the 23 metres line and in line with where it crossed the back-line. The ball cannot be played directly into the D. This replaces the (long) corner.
- Attacking Free Hits – Where an attacking free hit is awarded within 5 metres of the circle this will now be taken from the point of the offence rather than having to take the ball back to the 5 metres dotted line.
- For our level, matches will remain at 35min halves rather than moving to the international 15min quarters.
- Umpires cannot now move play up 10m
Here is a really useful walk-through with videos: http://www.sportplan.net/drills/Hockey/present/rules/#/
And here is the full set of rules: http://www.fih.ch/media/807896/fih-rules-of-hockey-2015.pdf